Services > Sports Massage
Sports Massage is the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of soft tissues of the body including muscles, tendons and ligaments. It is applicable not just to sports people but to anybody wishing to guard against or recover from a soft tissue injury.
Techniques used in sports massage have been shown that they may give the following benefits:
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
As mentioned above, sports massage is applicable for everyone, not just people competing in sports. Sports massage can relieve many day to day problems such as repetitive strain injury, sprains, tension and fatigue. We here at Emma James Physiotherapy provide sports massage to a wide array of clients to aid preventing injury and injury rehabilitation.
If you are a sports performer, a sports massage can be beneficial at various stages of your training, which in turn can help maximise your gains. These are:
- The conditioning / training phase
- Pre competition
- Inter competition
- Post competition
- Post travel
- Injury prevention
- Injury recovery
To see if Emma James Physiotherapy can help you, don’t be afraid to contact us on 01442 870686 and speak to our friendly team.