Services > Floatation Tank
Also known as floatation & float therapy, the floatation experience is delivered through a super-saturated Epsom-salt solution, 25cm deep and containing 525kg of magnesium rich Epsom-salts.
The solution is heated to skin temperature (35.5°C) and the environment in the tank is controlled so that the air is also skin temperature. Once you are settled, it is impossible to tell which parts of your body are in the water and which are not. This creates an environment similar to that of the Dead Sea but without the sensation of temperature or movement, which lets you float effortlessly on the surface of the water, enjoying a feeling of total freedom & weightlessness!
Our Isopod tanks are the best on earth, specifically designed to block out all external distractions including sight, sound, tactile sensations and gravity. This environment brings long lasting and transformational experiences.
Floating has become increasingly popular, as more people have learnt about floatation therapy’s remarkable benefits.
Your first float might feel like magic, however floatation therapy is the result of thirty years of mainstream scientific research in human performance and wellness. Best of all, the effects of floatation are cumulative – the more often you float, the better it is for your health, happiness and performance.
There is one very good reason we use Magnesium Sulphate (or Epsom Salts) in our Float pods…Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulphate) has been used for centuries as an effective cure all, especially for the easing of muscular aches and for the treatment of bruises. Magnesium is the second-most abundant element in human cells and the fourth-most important positively charged ion in the body, so it is little wonder this low-profile mineral is so vital to good health and well being.
- Improve heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries
- Stimulate Lymphatic Drainage and the removal of toxins & heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain by removing Lactic Acid from the muscle tissue and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances
- Reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure
- Improve the body’s ability to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Improve nerve function by regulating electrolytes
- Calcium (essential for health bones and teeth) is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood
- Relieve stress as excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well -being and relaxation.
Fertility Benefits of Floating
It is said one couple in seven has problems when they try for a baby. There are many reasons but, one of the most important is also one we can help with - Stress.
Floatation therapy is the most powerful stress relief technique known. For fertility treatment, we recommend for women, is a course of ten floats in a month, approximately every two to three days right through the fertile period. The degree of relaxation achieved is wonderful and will of course benefit you in many ways but if stress is the principal cause of your failure to conceive, then floating really is the best treatment.
Floating has been shown many times (and in controlled studies) compared to bed rest, to be the most relaxing experience on earth. Relaxation measured by perceived stress, by hormone measurement and by brain waves all confirm the truth of this claim. Floating is easy, no skill is required and we offer special ten session prices to fit in with our recommendation for fertility treatment. It makes no difference what time of day you float because the effects last for two to three days. We are open from ten till ten every day.
We believe the benefit of floating is the same for natural conception and for IVF treatments.
Wonderful Relief for mothers to be
Mid term pregnant women often find considerable relief from pain and stiffness, particularly while floating prone, with elbows on the floor of the tank and chin cupped in hands. In this position the fetus is fully floating and the mother's back and pelvic girdle are released from load. What a good idea!
Please be aware of the following precautions before booking your Floatation Tank Experience:
- It is inadvisable for sufferers of epilepsy, schizophrenia or acute skin disorders to use the floatation tank
- It is inadvisable to use the floatation tank under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- You are unable to use the tank if you are suffering from any form of ear infection
- You have sufficient mobility to get in and out of the Floatation Tank un-aided
- Read the latest review of our Floatation Tank experience from local blogger Meredith
- See also Our Floatation Tank Testimonials